1. This website (“EDIS Website“) is provided to you by Economic Development Innovations Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“EDIS“) on the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions“). By accessing any page on this EDIS Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Our Commitment To Privacy
Collection of Personal Data
4. Personal Data is collected from you:
- via the “Contact Us” page of the EDIS Website, including the EDIS Cares website
- when you agree to be included in a mailing list
- in certain situations and with your consent, we may also obtain your Personal Data from third parties
- when you provide the Personal Data of your family members or references or friends for purposes connected with your prospective or actual employment with EDIS
- when you provide feedback or interact with EDIS e.g. via meetings, emails or telephone calls (the telephone calls may be recorded for training and quality control purposes)
- when your photograph is taken at EDIS’s events
5. The Personal Data collected may include your name, address, e-mail address, contact number and/or photograph. We will do our best to ensure that the Personal Data that we collect is accurate. However, we do encourage you to provide us with an update of any change in your Personal Data as soon as possible.
6. EDIS will endeavour to obtain your express consent to collect, use and disclose your Personal Data prior to or at the time we collect it. However, in certain situations, you will be deemed to have consented to the provision of your Personal Data, e.g. where you provide your Personal Data voluntarily.
7. You may at any time give us reasonable written notice of the withdrawal of your consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. Within a reasonable time after we receive the notice of withdrawal of your consent, we will inform you of the consequences of your withdrawal of consent and when it will take effect.
8. EDIS anonymously tracks your visit in order to compile statistical information about the use of EDIS website. We do not collect individual information about you when you use the website unless expressly provided by you.
Use of Personal Data
9. We use the Personal Data collected:
- to perform the services you have requested
- to communicate with you
- to respond to your requests and queries
- to send you information on updates, events and activities of EDIS Cares, if you have agreed to such use of your information
- to publicise events and activities of EDIS Cares on EDIS’ s website and publications.
- for security reasons in relation to the events and activities of EDIS Cares and its affiliates
- to facilitate the employment of staff by EDIS, if you have agreed to such use of your information
- comply with the law, any requests from law enforcement and regulatory officials, or orders of court
- provide you with information about other EDIS products and services that may be of interest to you
- any other purpose of use for which EDIS has obtained your consent, express or implied.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
10. Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored by and / or processed by a party within or outside of Singapore to provide a product or service you have requested or for any of the Purposes.
11. EDIS will ensure that the party coming into contact with your Personal Data outside Singapore:
- treats it as confidential business information and with the understanding that it may not be used for any purpose other than to perform their function;
- takes appropriate measures to ensure such compliance by implementing the necessary data protection and appropriate technical and organisational measures.
Access to Your Personal Data
12. You can view your Personal Data which we have collected and stored at any time. In order to do so, you will need to submit a written request for access. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and, at the latest, within 30 days of receipt of your request.
13. Your right to view your Personal Data is limited to your Personal Data only. EDIS is not permitted to reveal any Personal Data about any other individual to you. We reserve the right to refuse access to your Personal Data if it will reveal or lead to the revelation of another individual’s Personal Data, cause harm to you or another individual or is contrary to the national interest.
Correction of Your Personal Data
14. You can submit a written request to correct your Personal Data which we have collected and stored. We will consider your request and respond to it as soon as possible and, at the latest, within 30 days of receipt of your request. We will make the necessary corrections as soon as reasonably practicable provided we are satisfied that the corrections should be made. In the event that we feel the corrections should not be made, we will inform you.
Securing Your Personal Data
15. As your privacy is important to us, EDIS has implemented internal policies and procedures to ensure that your Personal Data is kept secure. These include the following:
- Restricting access to your Personal Data;
- Ensuring that our staff are familiar with our data protection policies;
- Imposing confidentiality obligations on our staff;
- Implementing network security measures;
- Conducting regular audits of our data protection policies; and
- Devising procedures that will be implemented in the event of a breach of security.
Retention of Your Personal Data
16. EDIS will retain your Personal Data for as long as the purpose for which your Personal Data was collected is still being served and as long as it is necessary for legal or business purposes.
Postal Address: 3 Fusionopolis Way Symbiosis Tower #21-20 Singapore 138633
Telephone Number: +65 6908 7656